We often have customers who cometo us with no knowledge of Freediving or what they would learn on a Freediving course. So here’s what to expect when you participate in our SSI Level 1 Freediving course.
The SSI Level 1 Freediving course is an introductory course with no previous experience required. In this two day course you get to experience what freediving is all about! You’ll become relaxed and comfortable in the water and you’ll learn how to dive safely to depths of up to 20 meters on a single breath; yeap you read right, on one single breath!
Believe it or not, approximately 95% of our students reach 20 meters, on day two of our course, and we bet that you are one of them!
Throughout the course you will be introduced to four different freediving disciplines.
- Static Breath Hold (STA) – breath hold, above water
- Dynamic Diving (DYN) – horizontal under water swimming
- Constant Weight Training (CWT) – descends/ascends using fins and/or with the use of his arms without pulling on the rope
- Free Immersion (FIM) - vertical underwater swimming without the use of propulsion equipment, but only by pulling on the rope during descent/ascent
The SSI Level 1 Freediving course includes;
- theory sessions (Equipment, Physiology, Skills and the Environment),
- freediving breathing techniques, for before and after diving,
- dry breath hold and relaxation session,
- dynamic apnea (horizontal underwater swim) and safety procedures,
- two (2) open water depth dives (along a secured line) where students will progressively learn about technique including adequate finning, body positioning, becoming more streamlined and carrying out safety procedures.
Here’s a testimonial from our ex-student Heikke R.
“...after my Freediving course I started to think of Freediving on a whole new level and even snorkelling became much more interesting now that I had the skills to have longer, safer and deeper dives. In this course you learn to challenge yourself and, for some, it is the beginning of a new hobby! If you are thinking about of doing this course, TAKE IT!”.